Sunday, January 24, 2010

JRN521- Course Goals

1. Become more proficient in lighting.
-Gain more confidence with my flash
-Shoot an assignment that forces me to do an on location lighting setup -Learn fill flash.

2. Shoot more sports.
-I’m comfortable shooting softball and baseball, so stay away from those.
-Become a better shooter in low light, high action sports.
-Make sharp sports photos more consistently.

3. Work on composition
-Become more aware of different shooting angles.
-Don’t shoot straight on if I don’t have to.
-Shoot more detail shots and actively look for them.

4. Stop focusing so much on the “moment.”
-I’ve been told I’m a moment shooter, look for the moment but also shoot the
before and after.
-I’m too focused on the moment, so I need to look for more compositionally
interesting photos.

5. Become better at editing photos, for color correction, toning, and cropping.

6. Diversify and create a polished portfolio.

1 comment:

  1. Never stop focusing on the moment. But I think you're right in that composition is hugely important. If we can make a "clean" photo, it allows the viewer to get to the moment faster.

    ReplyDelete