Sunday, January 24, 2010

JRN 521- Career Goals

Career Goals

As of now, my main objective after graduation and my time in Alaska is to
Obtain an internship at a newspaper whose main goal is community-based news. I
want to begin at a smaller newspaper that will allow me to gain and work on my
skills as a photographer. I would like this internship to be at a newspaper that is
about the size of The Bay City Times.
After my time as an intern, I would like to be a staff photographer a
somewhat of a larger newspaper, where I can again focus on community-based
news. I would like to think of myself as someone for an eye for moments and
Someone who specializes in human-interest stories, so I would also like the future
newspaper I work at to allow me to make in depth photo stories.
One of my main goals that I would like to accomplish during my career is
producing a long-term project on animals, specifically wildlife preservation. Another
project would be about someone who is struggling with a life changing event. This
event could either be a life threatening illness, a family with one parent in the
military and their daily lives.
I also want to create a book someday that is somewhat like the America 24/7
book, but make it more localized to a specific region or state. My book might be
more about living in Michigan or a book that specializes in all things that make
Michigan, Michigan. It might focus on small towns, bigger cities, the lakes, and the
people. I would also like to focus on the farming and agricultural aspects of
Michigan.

No comments:

Post a Comment