Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Location Lighting Environmental Photo

Photobucket

Photobucket

F-Stop:3.8, Shutter Speed: 1/200, ISO:100
Caption: Detroit saxophone street musician Brandon Weiner, preforms on the Corner of Broadway and Main Streets in Downtown Mt. Pleasant on Tuesday, October 13, 2009. "I've been playing since the sixth grade, but began playing seriously again over the past year," Weiner said. Weiner added he usually only plays in the Detroit area but is traveling around to try new areas. Earlier in the day Weiner said he went to the local Salvation Army to get "dressed up" to play Mt. Pleasant. "I got this suite for $6, I usually don't look this good," Weiner said.

Explanation: I get the strobe up to the left of him and used the reflector on the warm gold side to cast and imitate the natural sunset that was happening. I had the strobe at half power. I was riding around downtown Mt. pleasant looking for an environmental shot and decided to shoot Weiner playing because I thought shooting a street preformer would be a sweet portrait photo.

2 comments:

  1. I love this photo krista! the lighting creates for a nice clear shadow along the wall. great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice use of shadows in the black and white picture.

    ReplyDelete